The last thing you expected to be doing this summer was shopping for used cars. After an unexpected middle of the night hail storm totaled your daughter’s car, however, you added the hunt for a great used car to your list. This was already a summer when you were going to dealing with many other transitions, so you needed to make really efficient use of your time when you were visiting used car dealerships.
After moving your older daughter home after college graduation and making plans to move her into an apartment while she completed an accelerated nursing program, you were already pretty busy. The fact that your younger daughter graduated from high school and would be moving to a dorm for her freshman year made things even busier and more exciting. The hail storm really added one more bit of excitement that you really did not need.
Shopping for a New or Used Car Requires a Good Deal of Time and Patience
Whether you are in the middle of other transitions in life or not, it always takes time to look for a different vehicle. When a surprise hail storm makes its way through the area, however, the task of finding a vehicle that has not had damage can be especially tricky. Fortunately, by shopping online some buyers are able to reach outside of the area and look for a car, truck, Jeep, or SUV that has spent its life in a more calm weather space.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many ways that the new and used car sales market effects our lives, as well as the nation’s economy:
- The latest research indicates that the16,802 franchised dealers in America sold a total of 17.14 million new vehicles in the year 2017.
- In fact, total new vehicles sales surpassed $1 trillion in 2017.
- Nearly 40 million used cars exchange hands each year between private-party and dealership sales.
- The total cost of service and parts sales at dealerships in the U.S. was greater than $114 billion in 2017.
- Light truck sales alone in the year 2017 numbered approximately 11.1 million units.
- Digital advertising in 2017 cost the U.S. automotive industry $9.94 million.
Whether you are making an unexpected car purchase this summer of you are making a buy that you have been planning for months, it is always important to do your research whenever you get ready to purchase a new or used vehicle.