If you live in the country or the suburbs, you have a lot more options for designing a kitchen that would be fit for a master chef. If you happen to live in a city and your apartment does not offer the space for all of them you do not have to give up on your culinary dreams. In fact, there are a number of things you can do to make the most of your small space. The even better news is that you do not have to spend a ton to get the job done. A few tips to the home repair or hardware store and you can get a lot of the materials, such as different types of hose clamps (stainless steel hose clamps can come in really handy) or pieces of wood. Here are some ideas:
- Make the most of all of your space. So you do not have much in the way of cabinet room, you can take any blank parts of your walls and make them into some prime real estate with a few simple tricks. For instance, you can take a piece of wood and decorate it to match your decor. You can stain it or paint it to give it whatever look you like. You can use stainless steel hose clamps to attach mason jars to the wood. These can be used for utensils, artwork, spices, or whatever you like. If you want to use other kinds of vases or other jars, there are a lot of adjustable hose clamps to choose from. If you are going to put something like this up on your backsplash, getting the stainless steel hose clamps is more important as they can handle the moisture.
- This is not the time to buy groceries in bulk. One drawback to the small kitchen is the lack of storage space. If you find this is an issue for your home, fear not. By being a little more organized, you can make the most of the space that you have. Use clear storage containers so that you can easily see what you have already.
- Declutter your kitchen space. Take a look at your appliances. You may be able to get away with smaller versions of what you already have. Look into a French press to use in place of your larger coffee pot. They are small and the coffee is delicious. Hand blenders can work as well as bigger versions.
- Make your appliances multi-task. You work on more than one thing at a time, now you should look to your appliances to do the same. For example, your oven can be used as a great place to store some of your pots and pans. Anything made from cast iron will not have any issue hanging out in there. Do you have a drawer under the oven? That is an often overlooked spot that can make a happy home for your pots and pans and other cooking tools.
- Get a step stool. There are a lot of kitchens in apartments around the world that have some cabinets in hard to reach spots. You do not want all of that storage space to go to waste because you cannot reach it! this is where a nice and small step-stool can come in really handy. Once you get one, you may be surprised at how much more room you have for your food and tools then you knew.
- Use your plastic bags to store other plastic bags. There a few ways that plastic bags can create clutter and several ways to fight that problem. You can get a larger mason jar or other container and your stainless steel hose clamp and keep your rogue plastic bags in there or you can use one bag to store many. This works for the bags from the grocery store but also works with sandwich bags and zip lock bags as well.
- Double up on your silverware storage. When you can only spare one drawer for your silverware, you may want to look into a double-decker option. You can get silverware organizers that have two levels to double your drawer space.