Although the majority of people on the roads drive gasoline powered vehicles, the greatest majority of commercial over the road truckers use diesel fuel systems. In an effort to make sure that the right amount of power is available and the fuel is as efficient as possible, it should come as no surprise that universal diesel fuel pumps and other important parts play significant roles in the nation’s transportation industry.
Anyone who has spent time working as an auto mechanic knows that a diesel engine rates number one for most efficient internal combustion. In addition, diesel engines are estimated to have a 45 miles per gallon rating on the highway. Even though a diesel engine is both powerful and efficient, the fact remains that for every 100 trucks sold in the America, only 10 diesel engine trucks are sold. This disproportionate amount of gasoline powered engines means that it can be difficult to find a qualified diesel mechanic when they are needed.
Diesel Mechanics Play Important Roles in the Transportation Needs of an Entire Industry
Just as getting the oil changed and the tires rotated is an important part of making sure that a family vehicle keeps running reliability, it is also important to make sure that an entire fleet of seit trucks is working. Consider some of these facts and figures about diesel fuel filters and diesel lift pumps, and how these and other parts contribute to the transportation industry:
- A diesel engine can power a vehicle anywhere between 400 to 800 miles on a single tank of gas.
- According to the latest research, there are up to 50 different types of diesel engines.
- A diesel engine will compress air to one out of 20 parts per volume when it is equipped with the right diesel lift pump.
- All fuel filters are designed to withstand the minimum of 75 psi internal differential pressure.
- Ranging from 30,000 psi or more, fuel injection pressures begin extremely high in order to force fuel into tiny droplets and increase the surface area of the fuel. This maximizes the chances of combustion.
- Water, scale, rust, and dirt are the four key impurities that fuel filters help to keep out.
If you are part of the transportation industry in this nation then you know that it is often in your best interest to make sure that you have a reliable mechanic for the work that you need. From the diesel lift pumps that often need serviced to regular changing of the oil filter sitricutor, keeping a truck running efficiently is always in your best interest.